Monday, August 18, 2008

Saturday the phone rings, and I answer. It was our leasing company for the townhome. The owner of our townhome is thinking of selling it, and hey would we be interested? Tony wasn't home, so I gave them the "I have to talk to my husband" line and fight the urge to reassure her that I was not chained to the stove and NO it's my choice to be a stay at home parent. I hate having to say "I need to talk to my husband" but really, isn't that the POLITE thing to do?

I really didn't expect Tony to be all "Hmmm why not?" since he's been pretty anti-purchasing of a townhome. My heart gave a little flutter. We talked about it, and I'm pretty positive that I may be ensconced in my own home very soon. Is it unrealistic to think before December? I'm not sure. It could even be THIS one, which would be fine by me. First thing? I'd rip up the carpet in the dining room. Carpet in dining room is just yuck. Second I'd change the tiling in the foyer. Thirdly, I'm going to paint every motherfucking room in this house some wild and outrageous color. I've already have some ideas for our living room.

Tony just came to his senses about homes. The choices are these.... unattatched home the same size we have now, in a not so great neighborhood with private schools for the kids, or big unattatched homes in the ghetto with private schools for the kids, or a small townhome in the best school district in the area. For me... it's a no brainer. Not that I'm against private school, but why pay when you have an amazing school two blocks from you? Aislinn has really grown there.

So, everything is up in the air right now. We're supposed to get more info today. Tony is looking at other houses in the area. He found one a four bedroom in our price range but without AC. Um pass.

I am getting excited. I wasn't sure if I was ready for this next step, and it was the nudge I needed to make it.

No comments: