Thursday, November 6, 2008

Bad idea for today...

Using the FurMinator on your dog in the house.

Since Louie doesn't shed (and he really doesn't) you have to get rid of the "dead" hairs. His coat has been looking a little raggedy. I knew you weren't supposed to cut a Cairn's coat, but then what the hell do you do?

Thanks to Google I found out that a cairn should be stripped, the preferred method is by hand. This is where you pull your dogs hair out. I am NOT KIDDING. I gave it a little try while Louie was sleeping and he didn't seem hurt, but he did get up and move to the other end of the couch.

I figured the FurMinator would work and boy does it. I got SO much hair off the dog, and his coat looks smooth and clean. He liked it too.

I want to try it on Leah, but that will have to wait until it stops raining. Already I feel like I have little spiders on me from Louies hair.

No comments: