Thursday, November 6, 2008

Pets are awesome!

When Tony and I first moved in together, we had so many cats. Cats out the ass! They were our lives. We adored them. Then we got kids. Kids take up a lot of your time. You don't have time to train a dog or clean a litter box.

Now that my kids are older, I have time for pets again, and I can't express enough how much joy both Louie and Leah has brought into my life in such a short period of time. I get a little choked up thinking about it.

Animals aren't complex and that's what makes them so wonderful. When they love, they love fully. You know when they're mad. You always know where you stand with your pets. After having kids, I realized pets are like toddlers which is my favorite kid stage. They usually feel one emotion at a time and they show it with their whole soul. Nothing beats coming home from being gone and Louie going nuts to get to me and when I pick him up, he licks and can hardly contain his happiness, when I walk around and he has to be right by my side, or when Leah lays in my arms and sleeps.

I've been really blessed to find the two I found. For a terrier, Louie is calm, but he IS a terrier so he's spazzy. He and Jonny get into shenanigans constantly. Leah is just the most amazing cat. I've never heard her meow, growl, or hiss. Only purr. She lets Jonny carry her around all day. For a full grown cat, she is very passive and accepting, she loves snuggles. She and Louie hang out together, and she just goes and hides if he gets to be too much.

One day I swear I'll make an entry about something other than animals!

No comments: