Wednesday, February 4, 2009

This cracks my shit up

I regularly go to http://www.perezhilton.com/ and recently read on there this quote...

"Both Rowling and Meyer, they’re speaking directly to young people. … The real difference is that [Harry Potter author] Jo Rowling is a terrific writer and [Twilight author] Stephenie Meyer can’t write worth a darn. She’s not very good."
- Stephen King tells
USA Today

What is even FUNNIER are the comments following this tidbit...

That is absolute Bullshit … he is clearly jealous of her new found fame

He is an old hag who wants some of the attention!!!

Well F*** YOU Stephen King!

Bitter much, Stephen?

The man has gone senile.

This is a man who has written a a book about writing and who has had another author write a book about his series of books . Never mind the fact that he reads every book within this genre of horror/fantasy. If it has vampires, dragons, mind readers, boogie men, yadda, yadda, yadda he's read it, or it's on his night stand to read. He is one of the leading critical voices. If Stephen King is quoted as saying he likes it, I know I will too. He's like the geeky version of Oprah and her book club. Also, have I mentioned the man is going BLIND and manages to read a book a day?

Even if you don't like his books, you still have to give the man credit for being a leading force in the literary world in our time. Sheesh.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I found stephen king's quote to be quite amusing myself. I am glad that I am not the only one.