Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Geeking it up

Right now I'm blogging, Tony is playing some weird space online game while Jonny watches, and Aislinn is playing Zelda on the Wii. Can we be any more of a geek family? I guess we could be if we were also discussing the differences between Star Wars and Star Trek.

Nothing much has been happening here. I had a bit of an emotional day on Saturday. Just all round gloomines, that ended up in an argument between Tony and I, and then me crying like a big fat baby. The whole beedies thing is driving me insane. I'm trying, I really am, and it's so damn frustrating to see those high numbers. When you eat a salad with nothing more than lettuce, chicken, and a dressing, and you're still hungry only to take your blood sugar, and see some semi high number, all you want to do is stuff your face full of Krispy Kremes and potato chip sandwhiches. If my number are going to BE high, might as well enjoy the food right? Alas, it doesn't work that way, and since I am attatched to my feet and eyesight, I keep on keepin' on. It does suck though when Tony says he wants pancakes for dinner. Great thanks a lot. Not only can I not EAT it, I have to COOK them too. That's like rubbing salt on the wound isn't it? Or pouring sugar on a diabetic.

I've also been really lonely and feeling stuck in the house a lot lately. I think the nice weather, and the fact that the movie theater is chock full of movies I'd love to see right now, made me realize that babysitting is no longer a phone call away, or hell even getting someone to go with with me if Tony can't is no longer a phone call away. It sucks. So, when Tony is all crabby, and doesn't want to go and get dinner for the family, and gets pissy and slams his hand down on the table, spilling my cofffe, just because I was being passive aggresive and said "Fine forget it then, we'll eat ramen"... I cry, because I wouldn't BE in this situation if he had a NORMAL job, and he should spend all his free time kissing my feet and singing my praises. Is that too much to ask? I don't think so.

I'll leave you with something that makes me laugh. There was a scene on Family Guy on Sunday that makes me "OMG LOL" whenever I think about it. One of the most brilliant casting choices in my opinion is Adam West as the insane mayor of Quahog. (Adam West played Batman on the TV show.) The family is sitting in the vets waiting room, and Adam West is sitting there with a cricket in a box. The cricket is singing like crazy. He turns to Meg and says "Excuse my cricket. He has restless leg syndrome" Ok I got the word "leg" before busting a gut.

No comments: