Saturday, September 8, 2007

We're just too old. I never thought I would feel old at 30. Maybe it's not the age so much, as the having the two kids, and a messy house that does it?

We went out for a birthday bash for our friend. She wanted to go to this club called VooDoo lounge. It's a nice bar/club that is more bar, less club. They have half naked women dancing on stages, acrobatic acts done by half naked women as well. Not a BAD place, I mean definitly better than some other places I've been to. The thing is though, when you're in your married/lawn mowing/potty training/because I SAID so, THAT'S why years, you don't get to see your friends very often. Maybe once a month at best. So, going to a loud bar with the latest top 40 blaring in the back ground is not where you want to be. All I wanted to do is catch up, all I was ABLE to do was try to keep Tony from keeling over from the sheer clubby-ness of it all.

So, for two hours, we all leaned against the wall, occasionally yelling a sentence or two to each other. I danced a bit, but not much. We drank in silence, watched people in silence, and went home early. We were home again by 12:30, where I promptly took off my going out garb, and putting on my long pj's with the cat on them. Tony immediately went to poop, and play DS. I went outside and checked my boards,and we went to bed with our Nintendos, lulled to relaxation by the cartoony music emitting from each one. We kissed each other goodnight and went to sleep, as he had to go to work, and I had a kids bday party to get to the next day, leaving the partying and the frivolity to the much younger, much more carefree patrons at the VooDoo Lounge who don't have to worry about getting their kid to poop in the potty.

1 comment:

The Six of Us said...

Home by 12:30 is early? Gosh, then I must be REALLY old, because to me that's partying 'til dawn! If I'm back at 11:00 I think that's late. LOL

Never fear, you're still a young thang! ;)