Thursday, November 29, 2007

First day of school for Aislinn!!

I was nervous of all things about the damn bus. I wasn't sure where they picked up and dropped off. I got Aislinn up early (which wasn't very fun for her) and got her ready. I watched for the bus, and then we caught up to it, and saw where they picked up and dropped off. I talked to the bus driver just to inform her that Aislinn was new, and had never ridden a bus before. Look me being all pro active parent. I drove her to school, walked her to her classroom, and then dropped a check off at the lunch room for her account.

Then it was pretty much waiting around until she got home. I was too nervous to do much. I did get some laundry done and some boxes unpacked, but I worried if she was doing ok.

All my worrying was for naught though. School lets out at 2:30 and I was outside waiting for the bus I think at 2:35. Jonny and I hung out outside waiting. We saw the bus and started walking down toward it. Usually when I picked her up from school, I get a big hug, but today she was too busy making friends to worry about all THAT. Two kids on her bus live a few doors down, and one is in her class. She was just chatting away.

I am so proud of her.

No comments: