Monday, November 26, 2007

My first official blog post from Va, unfortunately, I can't post it until we get internets here. So, I'm doing it in my Notepad.

So, we've been here for (quick pause for finger counting) four days. We already feel at home and comfortable. Well, as comfortable as one can be without beds, washing machine, and all the other creature comforts of life. Thankfully though, that will be rectified tomorrow. We got lucky with a very early delivery date for our stuff. With the holiday, Monday was the earliest they could do, and I'm not complaining. Don't ask my back though, it's bitching up a storm from sleeping on that air mattress. Tomorrow, we also have the phone and cable being installed... YES! Oh and of course, my sweet, sweet internets.

The drive out here wasn't bad at all. That duel screen DVD player was the BEST thing we could have bought. I bought the kids a ten disc Pokemon set, and that lasted eight hours. So, they watched that for eight straight hours the first day. I'm surprised they're not little zombies by now. They were little ANGELS in the van for EIGHT hours the first day. What I liked most about the DVD player is that it gave them something to DO while they were in the car, and they didn't sleep. Jonny slept some, but not much. When we got to the hotel the first night, they went right to sleep. When we got to the hotel, Jonny thought that our room was our home. He is such an agreeable little cuss. He just took it in stride that our new "home" was a tiny room without a kitchen.

The second day was a little bit more hairy with the kids, but not too bad. I expected much, much worse. Just a few crying jags from Jonny when he would drop his blanket, and a lot of the times he'd do it on purpose, causing us to pull over and get it for him. Tony was being a jerk, and rushing us to get on the road constantly. I mean, it was all fine for him, as he was alone in his car, but man I couldn't take it the screaming for the "wankie" much more. (Jonny sometimes reverts to baby talk to be cute, and calls it his wankie).

We get to the realtor office, where Tony and I ended up in a huge argument in the parking lot. Basically, we were all tired, and he being a man, depends on his penis to find where he is going. He had NO directions to the realtors office. It was rush hour, and he ended up really lost, where as I was able to pretty much find my way up to a point. It was ugly.

We of course, get lost to the house as well. Tensions are running high. We pull up to our street, and it's townhome upon townhome right on top of each other. It reminded me somewhat of a ghetto, the way everyone was just on top of each other. People were swarming the street, kids running around. I was like "OMG this is going to suck". Luckily though, we're on the less crowded end of the street. We pull up to the house, and the front is cute. Really cute. But, we walked in, and I HATED it. It's small. It has no windows. I just.. well hated it. Aislinn went through the house pointing out all the shit she hated as well, which didn't help my mood. I felt like crying. I had held it together pretty well, just a few weeping episodes when saying good-bye to people. But, this was the icing on the shit cake you know? I didn't cry though, Tony had tried really hard, and he was trying to be so positive. After getting our stuff in, we went to eat, and I said "You know I hate this house" and he said "I know, but it was the best I could do".

When we went to eat, we realized where we were. We live very close to where our old daycare provider used to live, and after we realized that, we knew where to go for everything. We had come a back way, and it was dark out, so we were confused, plus they had added a lot of new things. It was cool to see the Chick Fil A I used to stop in every morning, and the Starbucks I would stop at as well (no wonder I am fat!). It was a lot of fun. We went to eat at the Golden Corral we used to go to all the time, and went to Kmart to buy a few things we needed for the house.

The next morning the house wasn't as bad. I was in a better mood. We got dressed and went to Tony's friends house for Thanksgiving. Oh my God, there were seventeen people there. Ten of them kids. We had a really good time. When we lived here before, I used to be very insecure around this couple. The only thing I can say about that is that we were all young, in our mid twenties, and opinionated. They again, are "stuff" people, and Tony and I, well we are not. The first thing the wife asked was what I planned on doing (as far as work) when we got settled. I just told her straight out "I was meant to stay with my kids, that is how I am happiest. It takes a lot of sacrifice on our part, but it's well worth it for us" and she said "Yeah, I've always wanted to stay home with my kids too" But, I said it, sitting there in her huge house, I felt not shame, but pride. In the end, you have to do what's best for YOU you know? If I'm happy being a SAHM, then so be it. I know this is how I was supposed to live you know? I have the rest of my life to get "stuff" my kids will only be little once. When the next couple showed up, again, I was asked what I was planning on doing, and said it again. We may not have new cars, or big homes, but man, we're happy. I'll take that any day. After that was established, we had a really good time. I sat and talked to one lady who I kind of knew before. She was in the Navy and used to be in Tony's school. She then married another guy from the school, and THAT guy was on Tony's ship. She is SUPER nice. We talked forever, and I now feel I have some friends you know? Her sister was there, and she was super nice too. I feel better about that aspect now.

I'll stop here, there is so much more to talk about though. The stressful parts. Like money. Tony forgot to mention we had to give the realtor company 315 dollars when we got there. Ugh.


kspt1999 said...

I'm so glad your back! I've been waiting for days to see a post from you. Thankfully you all survived the trip, otherwise I would be suffering from withdrawals even longer. ;)

me said...

Glad to hear that you got to VA okay. Hope that the townhouse turns out to be okay for you guys.

Don't you hate it when you are put in the position where you have to justify what you want to do with your life? I get that a lot too, especially now that both of my kids are in school. To each his own, right? :)