Sunday, September 28, 2008

Is it bedtime yet?

This weekend has been a good one, but an annoying one. Does that make sense? Like, nothing horrible happened, but it was just filled minor annoyances and little things that make me feel pissy momentarily.

Friday was nice actually. I had a nice playgroup in the afternoon, and a mom's night out with the same group that evening. Everyone wore dresses. At first I was thinking "Oh man a dress? Seriously?" but like one of the ladies pointed out, as moms we sometimes have to make a reason to wear a dress. Luckily, when I was in Portland my friend Shell gave me a dress that was too big on her. It is really cute. I got a new necklace and small clutch purse and I stepped out in style. We had a really good time. We went to dinner at an italian resteraunt where I did NOT eat pasta. But, what I did eat was very good. I did have a piece of bread. We hung out at someones house until 12:30. It was so nice to get out and do something just for me.

Saturday morning Tony left for nine days. Aislinn also had a sleep over. That's where the little minor annoyances happened. The girls were up until 1, and I finally drifted off around 2. Jonny woke me up at 3, and our guest woke me up at 4 crying and wanting to call her mom. I honestly do NOT get that. My kids have never done that, and I've never done that as a kid. So finally at 4:30 I got to sleep, and then at 8 the MOM calls. I wanted to punch someone. I tried to go back to sleep, but the phone woke the kids up, who then started screaming and yelling. I got out of bed with a headache that I still have.

Then of course, Aislinn wanted every freaking kid within a 100 mile radius to come over in our backyard or in the house today. I really couldn't take anymore, and finally kinda flipped out, and the kids all left.

I did manage to clean out the fridge today. Like take everything out, shelves and all and wash it all down. I love the way a clean fridge looks, I just hate having to do the work to get it that way. Another reason to not have anymore babies, now that my kids are older, there isn't as much mess in my fridge. Not a lot of stuff knocked over and not cleaned up. Now I need to go grocery shopping, my fridge is BARE.

No comments: