Tuesday, September 2, 2008

It's like Christmas time for adults

Today is the first day of school! Although it sucked getting up early, and I'm already tired, I have gotten a TON of stuff done today. I mean it's 12:30 and I've already had two meals! I've also done about three hours of school work. I had a nice quiet morning, as Jonny slept in. I had about a good two hour stretch where I sat outside, and did school work and drank coffee. I have also made a list for grocery shopping, and the dishes have been done since 8:30 this morning. Ah, routine is a wonderful thing.

I squeezed in another hour of schoolwork after Jonny got up and I had lunch, but it was peppered with interuptions. No wonder I had such a hard time this summer. I didn't want to SAY that's why I wasn't getting stuff done, but having that two hour break, fresh from a decen nights sleep made me realize that it was a lot harder with the kids home than I was letting myself believe. I am also going to try and go to the library in the evening at least once a week to do some work.

Aislinn did well. She even wore her tennis shoes from LAST YEAR. I know right? She's so grown up. They actually fit her feet properly! She also said she'd like to go to Target after school (we'll hit payless too) to try on a "new style" Sniff sniff. My baby girl is all grown up. Last year I had to buy her the same shoes over and over.

We had one minor incident over a hole in her sock. She almost cried, but we got it fixed quickly with a new sock. She was very excited about going to school, she was ready early, and was waiting at the bus stop before anyone else was there.

Yesterday I decided to read through my blog. Man, I bitch about Tony a LOT. I was actually kind of embarrassed. I do that though because it's better to bitch here than fight all.the.time. In the end though, we love each other very much, and we get along great, and I don't want to be with anyone else.

Today, Jonny is enjoying his Mommy time again. He's actually mopping my floor. I got it a little wet and he's having fun, and cleaning my floor at the same time.

No comments: