Saturday, June 9, 2007

What makes a person a big kid?

I'm borderline geek. Ok, Ummm maybe I'm all geek, and just trying to tell myself otherwise. I say this because my interests run parallel to those of the geek society. Although I don't fully get into stuff like Anime, and D&D (Dungeons and Dragons) I am on the fringe of that society.

Yesterday, I went to Wal Mart with my mom. As she perused their clothing in amazement (she never goes there, and is ALWAYS shocked at their LOW LOW prices) I was all antsy, wanting to look at the toys and the video games. I probably should mention I had no children with me at the time.

We decided to go check out the movie selection, looking for a gift for an upcoming birthday. I purposely took her the long way, claiming I didn't know where the electronice section was. I looked at all the new Transformer toys they had in the aisles, and ooh'ed and ahh'ed over stuff while my mom rolled her eyes in mock aggravation. We got to the movie section, and I looked at video games while she looked for the movies.

Later we hit Burger King, and I got my kids some food there. I excitedly dug in the bag, and pulled out the toy, and exclaimed "Ooooh they got the Silver Surfer!! Cool!" My mom said "You're like a big kid you know that?"

She's right.

I am.

But, why?

I'm the 30 year old woman that went out and bought a new Nintendo DS and POKEMON game the other day. POKE fucking MON. Yeah, I know. But, not only did I buy a POKE fucking MON game, I battled my daughter and LOST but still undeterred I convinced a friend to spend $35 on a POKE fucking MON game as well, so we could play together.

I watch cartoons, I love Harry Potter. I don't know I think I have a problem.

If I start making playdates for MYSELF, someone please lock me up.

Thanks.

3 comments:

The Six of Us said...

I wish we could have a playdate together, and I don't mean with the kids, and I don't mean that in a gross way either. LOL

Anonymous said...

You crack me up, Sandi... POKE fucking MON....hee hee. I bought the game Operation for Ryan the other day because I secretly wanted to play it. Is that kind of the same thing????
~Shell

Christina said...

I'm totally addicted to this damn game and I blame you. I had so much to do this weekend and instead I played pokefuckinmon. I embraced the kid in me long before I ever had kids. And for the record, I spent a whole $8 on the fucking game, thankyouverymuch. LOL