Friday, October 12, 2007

I believe dreams can tell us things, give us insight to what is really going down in our lives. Not all the time mind you. Like I know some of my dream last night was greatly influenced by a book I just currently read. All the people in my dreat at one point was inflicted by some mysterious disease that made them crazy and want to hurt me. That just goes back to the Stephen King novel I finished Lisey's Story. Which is about a mysterious ailment that plagues a small family. The only way to release the bad gunky is to cut themselves. If they don't then they could eventually turn crazy, which is what happens to two of them. The one survivor goes on to become a famous writer who is retelling his story through his wife, after he is dead.

But, also last night I had a dream where I was constantly LATE for the airport. I don't know where I was supposed to go, or what I was supposed to do, but no matter how many times I tried to get there, I could never GET there, and if I by chance GOT there, something held me up so I couldn't go. This really has NOTHING to do with anything I read, wrote, saw, or watched on television, which of course has me questioning it this morning. Usually, if I dream I wake up and think "Oh well that was on TV last night" and move on. That's probably 90% of my dreams.

So I decided to look up being late on http://www.dreammoods.com/ and this is what it said. Honestly, how freaky is THIS considering my impending move and all.


Late

To dream that you are late, denotes your fear of change and your ambivalence about seizing an opportunity. You may feel unready, unworthy, or unsupported in your current circumstances. Additionally, you may be overwhelmed or conflicted with decisions about your future. You feel time is running out and that you do not have time to accomplish all the things you want.


Some could say Well DUH, and of course I can say that too, but, I don't know. I guess yeah, I kind of knew this, but to have it manifest itself in a dream, makes me realize it is mor of an issue than I realized.

No comments: