Sunday, October 28, 2007




I got my new tattoo today, and zomg do I love it. It looks awesome, and I can't stop staring at it. When I went to my moms, I nonchalantly walked into my moms room (or so I thought) and looked at it, and my sister busted me. She said it was allowed though. LOL




My mom and my sister were both concerned about my tattoo. I was really unable to explain WHAT I was getting. The artist and I had emailed a few times to discuss ideas, but I honestly didn't know what she was going to come up with. So I guess they were assuming this horrible tribal looking design. When they saw it, they were both pleasantly surprised by the design and feminity it has.


The turquoise ribbon is just slightly cut off. I'll be honest it was bigger than I expected, but once I saw it, I fell in love. She only charged me a hundred dollars too!! I just love it. I especially love the little lime green whoopty doos (her term not mine) she added that wasn't on the original design. She said it needed a little something extra added to it.


And dare I say, it compliments my freckles? LOL


So, yes I'm in love. Tony loves it, and both kids like it too. Even Miss I hate anything new you do to yourself. Her first comment was "I hate it" but I think she is so used to saying that whenever a change occurs, but she asked to look at it a few times, and seemed to like it. Jonny wanted to know when he was going to get HIS tattoo. Not until your 18 buddy, just like the rest of us.


The artist did an amazing job. She was very sweet, and was just tickled pink that I let her design it herself, and that she was doing somethin girly for a change. She was just all "Omg, this is going to be so great!" and "This is looking awesome, I am having SO much fun!" Far cry from my other two tattoos where it was like complete intimidation walking in, picking something out, and then having some angry dude just scratch away at your skin, without much enthusiasm for what he is doing. THIS was the real deal, and it was amazing!


Perfect example. She had complete enthusiasm for what I was doing. She was downright eager to get started, excitedly pulling out her sketchbook, and showing me what she had done, making sure I liked it, assuring me that it could be changed. Making little excited noises while doing it, etc. While talking, she said something about some girl coming in to get a fairy later on in the day, and her demeanor changed almost right away. Bored, not looking forward to it, kinda pissy about it. It just kind of solidfied to me that just walking in and getting something off the wall is not going to get you a good tattoo.


The burning though after. OMG. I've had two very small tattoos done in the past, so the burning was never an issue for me. But just the AIR hitting this was killing me.


It feels good now, and I've schmeared some gunk on it, and now I'm going to bed.


No comments: