Thursday, July 17, 2008

Day two, please send caffeine!

Last night was the first night of no caffeine at after dark. It felt like my head was going to explode. My NECK ached. Trust me I'm not doing this for any health reasons. I am doing this because I'm sick of staying up until five am.

This morning I woke up with the same headache, but I was asleep by 1:30. No laying there for hours and hours. Last night I tried some weird DandyBlend coffee. It was a coffee tea. Which meant it wasn't actually made out of coffee, but some sort weird hippy concoction of dandielion root, chicory, and some other stuff. It actually wasn't that bad. It got me over the hump. Kinda like methadone. Just something to stop the shakes. I only had three sample packets that I bought at the hippy store. I needed two to make it strong enough.

Today I'm going to try decaf. The last time I tried decaf it went horribly wrong. But, it was instant decaf. Blech. I also got decaf Columbian, which is the kind of caffeinated I drink. I'm hoping that this too will be a good option, I may even try 1/2 adn 1/2 if the headache gets too bad.

It sucks getting old.

Actually, I got to thinking I don't think it ever affected me this way before because of my diabetes. I was ALWAYS tired. Also, I used to drink it with milk and fat free half and half, both had sugar. The sugar probably counteracted the caffeine high I would normally get. Now that 1. my blood sugar is under control 2. I use heavy whipping cream which has very little natural sugar, the caffeine is just too much for me.

I do know my blood sugar has gotten better because I woke up and we left the house. We got home about 2:30 and I hadn't eaten anything all day, and was just fine. Not shaky, not sick, by the time I was pulling into the driveway I was getting a bit of a headache. Not even crabby! That's a good sign!

No comments: