Saturday, July 5, 2008

There isn't much on TV anymore for me to watch. The simple fact is when I watch TV I want to laugh. They just aren't that many sitcoms anymore, and a lot of them, honestly I can not watch with the kids around. One of my favorites used to be My Name is Earl, but trying to explain to Aislinn why Catalina wears those clothes for her job and jumps around while men throw money at her ended that. Lot of the sitcoms have started to rely heavily on sexual content, and when the kids were younger, it didn't matter, but now that Aislinn is older, and Jonny is a parrot, we really have to watch it. We used to watch Family Guy ALL THE TIME, but even that came to an end when Jonny walked around mocking Stewie saying "So, you wanna have sex?" He of course didn't know what he was saying, but it was still disturbing. Tony got all freaked out thinking someone had said that to Jonny. He's asking frantically "WHo said that to you buddy?" and finally Jonny said "You know, it's from Family Guy" I had been telling Tony for a long time that the kids shouldn't watch it, but he said I was being too cautious.. until that happened.

What I end up watching, and enjoying are the kids shows. Their cartoons and their little Disney and Nick shows. I love Drake and Josh. It's smartly written, and not too over the top on the cheese. Drake talks about kissing girls a lot, but in an innocent way, he's not super smart and knows it, so to make up for it, he uses his looks. Josh is the smart, and heavy but he still has a girl friend. They are a good pairing and the dialogue is funny. Tony and I crack up when we watch it. Another one we like is ICarly.

I personally like the Suite Life of Zack and Cody, and Phineas and Ferb. Chowder, Spongebob, the New Ben 10 (where he's a teen), Total Drama Island (cartoon spoof of Survivor) Fosters Home for imaginary friends. All these shows are well writtten and hilarious. The Ben 10 one has a good story and as much drama as an episode of CSI.

Even after the kids go to bed, and I find myself flipping channels, and still watching these shows.

No comments: