Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Hot cup of screaming kid, it's what's for breakfast

Aislinn just walked out of here, screaming and crying. She was supposed to be ungrounded today, but managed to get grounded again. What did my darling, angel faced girl do? Just be herself.

Well, that's unfair to say, but not in a way. I don't know. I'm just too tired to think this morning. I decided to wash her shoes last night, and when I put them in the dryer, they pushed the dryer door open in the middle of the night, and when we woke up they were still damp. Of course Aislinn could NOT find her clogs, so this started the tears. Which I can understand, but really if she was A. a normal person, she would have more than TWO pairs of shoes and B. if she insists on being a person with only two pairs of shoes, then she needs to take care of both pair. She was crying "I ALWAYS HAVE TO WEAR WET SHOES" because you know I dip her shoes in the toilet EVERY MORNING just to piss her off.

The grounding didn't come though until she got argumentative. I could have taken the crying and total despair over having to go to school in damp shoes. Come on, even I, heartless mom of the world, can realize that this would wholy suck donkey balls. But, when I try to explain to my child that this is a lesson in responsibility, and she screams NO IT ISN'T. Well, little missy you just earned yourself another day.

No comments: