Saturday, June 28, 2008

I'll be watching you

I added a cool little, who is coming to my website thingy at the bottom. I used to have one a long time ago, but Blogger changed and I had a hard time adding it in. It was a lot of fun to see who was coming to read. So, now I know who you all are. Bwahahahaha. I know when you came, when you left, when you leave a comment, where you live, and what your IP address is. I OWN YOU ALL NOW! Ok the four of you that read, and I probably knew all of that anyway.

We had a BBQ to go to tonight, and we had fun. It was with some people on Tony's new ship. They were REALLY nice, and normal. I say normal becuase usually I cringe when I meet other military spouses. The host was actually an officer on Tony's ship, which was intimidating. As much as I like to say stuff like that wouldn't bother me, it kind of did. They were welcoming and kind. The wife and I talked FOREVER. She has a daughter very much like Aislinn. It felt good to be able to say "It's ok, breathe it gets better!" Her daughter IS very much like Aislinn. She was adorable. She is four and pretty much bossed Jonny around all night, telling what he could and could not eat. Jonny is used to it, so he took it well. She and Aislinn bonded instantly, and they played tea party the whole time, excluding Jonathan which is Aislinn's favorite past time.

Their house is beautiful. They did exactly with their house what I would want to do with mine. Bold, bright colors in each room. They were both kind of boring looking, but you walked in the home and it was like BAM red, and then the dining room BAM electric blue, and then the kitchen BAM lime green, and then den BAM pumpkin. It sounds crazy but it worked and it was great.

I'm glad I went. I was really not looking forward to it.

One thing that tough was the food selection. There was meat, but all of it burnt to a crisp. Potato salad, chips, and some raw veggies. I had two ribs with some raw brocoli and dip. The dip was questionable. Then she pulled out cheesecake. Oh Lord. I didn't eat anything I shouldn't have though. I am really proud of myself.

No comments: